Sunday 23 June 2013

2 years and 2 days……

Some time back in 2010 I created my first blog post. I’d been making my own jewellery for a few years and thought that writing about what I was making would encourage me to turn more of my ideas into finished pieces. I hadn’t factored into that equation how rubbish I am at actually remembering to write stuff or how lazy I’d become at setting time aside to sit and craft.

 Fourteen months later I wrote my second blog post.

 Plot the trajectory based on todays post and my fourth one is currently estimated sometime around September 2016!

 A couple of things have changed for me though, which makes me hopeful that my updates will be more frequent. Last summer I joined a craft group called sewmakebelieve, mainly as a way to meet new people but also as a way to expand on my craft skills. In the last year I learnt to knit, sew and crochet thanks to the infectious crafting enthusiasm of the other members and the wonderful organisers Caroline, Kate and Zoe. I am also now working a lot closer to where I live, so the reduced commute and lower stress levels of the job itself are helping me to balance my work/life ratio. I feel more inclined to craft in the evenings now rather than just wanting to switch myself off completely.

I’ve created this blog as a way for me to document the things that I make and bake, and while I’m at it, I’ll share some stories and photos of some of the places I’ve visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment